Turn your Laptop and GPS into a Chartplotter using C-Map Charts and SoftwareOnBoard!
SOB is a PC-based navigation program which, when loaded with C-Map charts and connected to a GPS gives real-time on-screen chart positioning and details such as speed and heading.
You can enable additional features and functionality by connecting other on-board NMEA instruments ie. AIS receiver, Autopilot, LOG, Sounder, Radar and Wind Instruments.
- Award winning C-Map vector cartography providing global coverage
- Navigate using Routes and Waypoints
- 3D view
- Points of interest
- Animated tides
- GRIB files support
- Tidal range graphs
- Layline display from boat and waypoint
- AIS target display capability (requires additional hardware)
- MARPA target display capability (requires additional hardware)
C-MAP MAX Cartography Features
- C-Map MAX/PC Wide and Megawide Chart CD's
- C-Map NT+/PC Wide Chart CD's
- C-Map MAX C-Cards, MAX SD Cards or NT+ C-Card Chart Cartridges (requires C-Map USB Multi Media Card Reader).
MAX: The Ultimate Navigator, brings electronic charts to life. See NavAids on-screen exactly as they appear through your pilothouse window. Get "at-a-glimpse" information about current strength and direction. Even view an aerial photograph of an unfamiliar inlet before you enter.
MAX gracefully combines unparalleled levels of chart accuracy and detail, striking presentation and a huge collection of new value-added data. Building on the incredible success of C-MAP NT+ (voted Best Electronic Charts by the NMEA for 6 consecutive years), MAX infuses a new generation of chart plotters and PC's with lightning fast, knockout performance plus real-life accuracy and detail.
|New Value Added Data|
- Multi-Media Objects such as aerial photos and diagrams of marinas.
- Seamless Coastal Roads.
- Points of Interest (POIs)
Tide and Current Data
- Fully animated worldwide
- Tides and Currents database
Dynamic Elevation Data
- Land Elevation Contours (15 levels)
- Bottom Depth Contours (32 levels)
- Displays the chart in a new Perspective (3D) mode
- Chart can be panned/zoomed
- Provides a new dimension to the traditional Rolling Road GPS display
- NavAids can be animated to show their correct flashing light sequence.
- Only NavAids that are within their nominal range of the vessel are lit.
- Sectored Lights are shown in the correct color based on boat's position.
- The NavAid's name can be displayed below the NavAid symbol.
Zone C-MAP MAX Wide included to choose