Software + included Navionics USB card reader
Fugawi Marine ENC is the ultimate PC software for marine navigation.
With Fugawi Marine ENC you can navigate using many types of vector and raster charts, including:
- Navionics Gold, Gold+, Silver, Fish'N'Chip and HotMaps® nautical charts,
- International S-57 format charts such as NOAA ENC®, NOAA RNC,
- BSB charts,
- topographic maps,
- your own scanned paper maps
Whether cruising the open ocean, navigating a river, or hiking a new trail, use Fugawi Marine ENC to plan your adventure and find your way. Explore terrain and depths; mark your routes; and program your GPS.
NEW FEATURES IN VER. 4.5:
- Support for optional (and free) Fugawi Google Earth Plug-in
- Enjoy easy and accurate route planning with Fugawi Marine ENC then upload your route to a Compact Flash or Secure Digital card for transfer to a chart plotter on board your boat. Supports memory card data transfer for leading plotters from Raymarine, Northstar, Humminbird and Lowrance. Of course routes can be transferred to many more plotters and handheld GPS using a cabled connection. See our GPS/Plotter compatibility table for more details.
- Support for optional PathAway GPS Software for Windows Mobile PDAs
- Support for Microsoft® Vista® operating system.
- Enhanced AIS dashboard for easy control of AIS display
- Support for Google Earth (Beta)
Connect your PC or laptop to a compatible GPS receiver to view your position on a detailed chart, map, or air photo. See speed, position, direction, ETA, and more.
Create routes directly on the official ENC or other chart and transfer named waypoints, routes, and tracks between your PC and your handheld GPS. Upload your route to a Compact Flash or Secure Digital card for transfer to leading chart plotters on board your boat. Supports memory card data transfer for leading plotters from Raymarine, Northstar, Humminbird and Lowrance. Of course routes can be transferred to many more plotters and handheld GPS using a cabled connection.
View your favorite chart or map in stunning 3D. ‘Fly’ across the 3D landscape using your mouse, keyboard, or joystick, or view your GPS position in real-time on the 3D chart. A great tool for finding the perfect fishing spot.
Fugawi Marine ENC supports free or commercially available GRIB file weather data. Pressure and surface wind forecasts are available for the entire world, free of charge. The data source is NOAA.
Open a nautical chart or import your own scanned paper map and calibrate it. Add routes, waypoints, or tracks, or freehand draw on the map. Print a personalized paper copy at the scale of your choice.
Fugawi Marine ENC also includes advanced support for AIS (Automatic Identification System) receivers.
The Automatic Identification System (AIS) permits you to track the path of ships that are transmitting AIS signals. Many commercial ships in many regions of the world transmit AIS signals according to government regulations.
As the AIS messages are received, Fugawi Marine ENC will populate the AIS table and plot the AIS vessels on the open chart or map.
The AIS table displays detail about every AIS vessel being received. You can sort any column by clicking on the column header. Click on any entry to center the map on the selected AIS vessel.
The following information is presented (assuming data are being transmitted by the AIS equipped vessel):
- Vessel Name
- AIS Class: - A or B
- MMSI # - A unique Maritime Mobile Service Identity
- Vessel Type
- CPA - The Closest Point of Approach (CPA) calculation is performed if Fugawi is receiving your position from your GPS receiver. CPA is the distance you will be from an AIS vessel when you are nearest to it. The calculation is based on the current position, course and speed of your boat and each AIS vessel at the time of the last message.
- TCPA - The Time to Closest Point of Approach (TCPA) calculation is performed if Fugawi is receiving your position from your GPS receiver. TCPA is the time (in minutes from now) at which your distance to the AIS vessel will be closest. The calculation is based on the current position, course and speed of your boat and the AIS vessel at the time of the last message. The TCPA will change when either vessel's course and speed are altered.
- Microsoft® Windows® Vista or XP
- 500 MHz processor or better
- 256 MB RAM
- 250 MB free on HD
- CD Drive
- DVD drive for Bonus Data Pack
- 256 color display capable of 1024 x 768 resolution or better (graphics accelerator recommended for 3D viewing)
Download a demo version Cartography CD-Roms
available separetly.The Navionics Multi Card Reader is intended to load Navionics charts from a Navionics CompactFlash"! (CF), MultiMedia (MMC), or SecureDigital (SD) card into Fugawi Marine ENC Ver. 4.5.