406 Mhz Personal Locator Beacon with internal GPS receiver
- The most efficient way to call Search And Rescue organisations
- Combines the accuracy of the GPS positionning with the efficiency of GEOSAR Satellites for extremely quick alert (about 3 minutes)
- Powerful Personal Locator Beacon that transmits on 406 MHz a unique, digitally coded distress signal and on 121.5 MHz a permanent homing signal.
- Internal 16 channel parallel GPS providing rescue authorities with your exact position within 115 m.
- Global coverage thanks to a network of 48 ground stations (LUT) which will process the alert signal and launch the Search And Rescue operations.
- High performance and immersionproof housing to bring your PLB with you everywhere.
- Pouch supplied.
- Fitted with a strobe light (flash light) for easy visual location at night (suitable for a Man Over Board system).
- Automatic activation when deploying the antenna.
- Battery replacement every 7 years.
- 7 years warranty.
Technical Specifications :
Dimensions: 38 x 135 x 71 mm
Weight: 250 gr
Storage temperature range: -30°C to + 70°C
Operating temperature range : -20°C to + 55°C
Autonomy : minimum 24 h at -20°C
Transmission power: 5W on 406 Mhz / 50 mW on 121,5 Mhz
Material: High performance plastic. Superior to IP67 standard.
Color: High visibility yellow. UV protected.
Antenna: flexible and robust, made of stainless steel.
Cospas-Sarsat type approval certificate : TAC 176
Beacon must be programmed according to the nationality of the user and registered (user name, aircraft ID, phone number in case of emergency...) with the local Cospas-Sarsat point of contact (FMCC in France).